We want you to know what is going on in the BOD, our meetings, our actions, members leaving, the new ones elected,... but text written in this blog cannot be taken an official position or statement of the Society for Conservation Biology. Probably it is not even an official statement of the section... as these need to be approved by the members.
Tuesday, 28 February 2012
SCB Grants are available for the Greek Summer School
The Europe Section of the Society for Conservation Biology invites all undergraduate and early postgraduate students from all over Europe, including Turkey to take part in the Greek Summer School (Εrasmus Intensive Programme): “Conservation Biology in Europe: Building a coherent strategy for the future” to be held in Papingo, Greece, 24th June - 7th July 2012. Registration deadline is 15th March 2012!
Successful applicants from all over Europe will receive a grant from the SCB Europe Section, covering the following costs:
1. A grant of 300 euros from for each SCB participant.
2. Transport upon arrival and departure from Ioannina town to the residence site (Papingo).
3. Welcome Dinner at arrival date.
4. Field transport, field excursions, all tuition fees and use of research equipment.
5. One year membership to the Society for Conservation Biology + membership to the European Section + online Subscription to Conservation Biology (journal of the Society).
SCB-students should cover their accomodation, travel expenses to Ioannina, medical insurance and any other cost not mentioned above. The coordinator arranged a special price of 40 Euro/ day for SCB-students (accomodation sharing a room for three, breakfast and one meal per day).
For more information click here!