The Europe Section of the Society for Conservation Biology (SCB-ES) is seeking a host and venue for its 3rd European Congress of Conservation Biology to be held in 2012.
You can download the pdf version of this document here.
After the successes of the ECCB2006 (Eger, Hungary, 1000+ participants) and ECCB2009 (Prague, Czech Republic, 1200+ participants, www.eccb2009.org), we expect that the 3rd Congress will be similarly well attended. At this stage, the Board of Directors of SCB-ES is seeking expressions of interest in holding the 3rd European Congress of Conservation Biology in 2012 (ECCB2012).
Expressions of interest should contain the following (max. 2 A4 pages):
1. The location (country, city and proposed host institution).
2. The local organisers and contact details.
3. The advantages of this location in terms of access, transport andinfrastructure; brief summary of conference facilities.
4. The attractiveness of this location from an ecological perspective.
5. Suggestion for the timing of the conference, with justification (e.g. relevance to a key theme or possibilities for holding the meeting jointly with another organisation).
6. Special accommodation possibilities to attract student participants.
7. Profit sharing will be negotiated at a later date; at this stage, however, interested host institutions must agree to take financial responsibility forthe congress in case of any loss.
Expressions of interest should be sent to András Báldi at email@example.com by October 31st 2009. Short-listed expressions will be invited to submit full proposals by January 31st 2010.